Registration, Breakfast, and Networking. Thank you, CDO Club!
Keynote: David Mathison: Curator at CDO Summit
• Topic: 100 CDOs Who Have Become CEO
• Summary: After extensive research into the CDO Club membership, David Mathison updates his findings on CDOs who have become CEO and Board Directors. Incredibly, in just the last seven years, over 100 CDOs have become Chief Executive Officer. Mathison will examine this startling trend
Welcome: Jay Rosenzweig: CEO of Rosenzweig & Company Inc.
• Topic: A Word From The Host: Why The CDO Role Matters To Global Competitiveness
• Summary: Our host Jay Rosenzweig is a Strategic Partner globally to the Chief Digital Officer Club & Summit. Jay was early in understanding the importance of the CDO role and was instrumental in bringing the Summit to Canada this year for the first time. He is the founding partner of Rosenzweig & Company and is an expert in designing, building and attracting world class executive leadership teams. Jay advises a wide range of public and private companies, including large global corporations; emerging growth to mid-sized businesses; professional service firms; and private equity and venture capital firms. It is from this unique perspective that Jay will speak to the importance of the CDO role in today's competitive business environment.
Opening Remarks: Lisa Rowsell: Managing Director, Canada, Financial & Risk Business at Thomson Reuters
Keynote: Jessie Adcock: Chief Technology Officer of the City of Vancouver
• Topic: Smart City: The City Of Vancouver’s Digital Journey
• Summary: In this session, Jessie will talk about being named Canada’s first public sector Chief Digital Officer, and how the City of Vancouver’s digital strategy was implemented. She’ll also discuss how the digital strategy acted as a catalyst for modernization and provided a springboard for a technology transformation program that has led to the readiness for the adoption and deployment of smart city technologies.
Keynote: Hillary Hartley: Chief Digital Officer and Deputy Minister for Digital Government at Ontario Public Service
Mid-Morning Break Thank you, CDO Club!
Keynote: Cindy Forbes: EVP & Chief Analytics Officer at Manulife
• Topic: Manulife's Analytics Journey
• Summary: Manulife established the Chief Analytics Officer role 18 months ago to bring together the advanced analytics teams across the company and create a data and analytics strategy for the company. Cindy Forbes, EVP and CAO, will share her journey in the creation of the function and where the function is going.
Panel: Mining Real Value From Your Data Lake
• Summary: Data acquisition, preparation and maintenance take a significant amount of time for most data initiatives. Acquiring, cataloging, discovering & cleaning of the data can be a very time-consuming and tedious task. The Panel will talk about how data lakes can help in reducing the time and cost of access to the enterprise's content for analytics and new product development. What are the key considerations when building a data lake? How to avoid ending up with a data swamp ? How do you govern the data lake?
• Mike Stone (moderator): Global Technology Director at Thomson Reuters
• Dmitry Baev: Director, Solutions Engineering at Hortonworks
• Vsu Subramanian: Vice President, Enterprise Data Services at Thomson Reuters
Lunch Thank you, CDO Club!
Luncheon Keynote: TBA
Luncheon Keynote: Erin Janus: Video Journalist at YouTube
• Topic: How To Reach and Influence Millions of People Online With No Budget
• Summary: Erin discusses how she independently harnessed the power of influence via digital media to create a buzz and reach millions of people— with an iPhone, and no budget. Her content has been viewed millions of times in various languages, and has contributed to radical waves of social change, including how businesses operate, and the birth of new businesses!
Impact Keynote: Amy Yee: Chief Digital Officer at Health Standards Organization (HSO)
• Topic: CDO Timelines: First 180 Days
Impact Keynote: David Corrigan: CEO of AllSight
• Topic: Why The Status Quo Isn’t Good Enough: Reimagining The Customer 360
• Summary: Digital transformation is affecting every aspect of the customer experience - changing the way conversations are had, decisions are made, and actions are taken. 88% of customer data is ignored ignored because systems weren’t designed to handle unstructured data created by digital processes such as web chats, emails, and social media. Explore why the status quo isn’t good enough anymore and how CDOs can use modern big data technology to create an intelligent Customer 360 to personalize an omni-channel experience.
Impact Keynote: Ana Serrano: Chief Digital Officer at Canadian Film Centre
• Topic: The CDO’s Dilemma: How To Transform And To Innovate At The Same Time
• Summary: These two sides of the CDO’s remit (in some cases) can sometimes feel like two very different paths, growth strategies, or ways of moving forward. Some organizations take to transformation better than innovation and vice versa. But are these really either/or scenarios? Hear from CDO of the Canadian Film Centre and Managing Director of IDEABOOST, Ana Serrano as she unpacks how she balances transformation activities with innovation culture creation.
Fireside Chat: Building Globally Competitive AI in Toronto
• Candice Faktor: Partner at Faktory Ventures
• Jordan Jacobs: Co-Founder & Co-CEO at Layer 6 AI
Mid-Afternoon Break Thank you, CDO Club!
• Performance: Erin Janus: Video Journalist at YouTube
• Topic: Why We Need To #MoveTheDial For #WomenInTech And How We Are Going To Do It
• Summary: This is the moment to build a global movement to advance #WomenInTech in Canada. Small Steps = Big Impact.
• Jodi Kovitz: CEO at AceTech; Founder at #MoveTheDial
• Aliza Lakhani: Director of Business Development and International Projects at The DMZ
Impact Keynote: Ash Fontana: Managing Director at Zetta Venture Partners
• Topic: Timing AI Adoption In Your Organization
• Summary: We’re moving in the fourth era of computing in which every piece of software will become intelligent. CDOs are crucial enablers of intelligent software in their organizations. This talk outlines how every part of the enterprise software stack is changing, then shows how CDOs can buy and build their way into the fourth era with software and talent
Keynote: Khalid Al-Kofahi: Vice President, R&D at Thomson Reuters
• Topic: Transforming Knowledge Work
• Summary: Information Industry is Evolving, driven by technology innovations, lower barriers of entry, price pressures and changing customer expectations. Established and new players, alike, are accelerating and scaling their investments in Artificial Intelligence and machine learning not only to ‘smartify’ existing products and services but to develop new capabilities that will change how professionals find, interact with and analyze information, as well as how they make decision. In this talk, Dr. Khalid Al-Kofahi will provide an overview of how Thomson Reuters is utilizing AI and ML to define and accelerate this transformation in the Legal, financial, Risk, Tax and Accounting industries in addition to Reuters news. While some of the discussed examples are drawn from Thomson Reuters, the underlying challenges and lessons learned are relevant to a much broader audience.
Keynote: Ted Graham: Head of Open Innovation at General Motors
• Topic: The Uber Of Everything – How The Freed Market Economy Is Disrupting And Delighting
• Summary: What do people really mean when they say they are “The Uber of X”? What are the characteristics of this business model? Why is there a debate on who is or isn’t part of the Sharing Economy? If Uber isn’t part of it, what is it and why does it matter? Are other industries set to change? What can larger organization do to better innovate in response to the threats and opportunities represented by this trend?
Wrap up: Jay Rosenzweig: CEO of Rosenzweig & Company Inc.
Networking Cocktail Reception Thank you, CDO Club!
• Book signing: Ted Graham's "The Uber of Everything